View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #79
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird was finishing off his milk, when he noticed someone enter the Inn. The only reason he really noticed him above anyone else who had entered, is because he wore a velvet cloak. I suppose if you have to wear a hooded cloak, may as well make it a nice fabric, Gird reasoned with himself.

He noted, as the man ordered his ale, he ordered it in the quantity of a tankard. Now he wasn't altogether sure what a tankard was, but it sure sounded big. He went on for a moment or two thinking about the size of a tankard. Now, is a tankard like a big tank? like a big barrel of ale? Tankard almost sounds big enough for a hobbit to be able to swin in.

Gird noted though, with a bit of dismay, as he was about to order a tankard for himself, that the man's ale was served to him. Tankard, he guessed, was just another name for a pint. Oh well, it sounded impressive.

He decided that it was about to introduce himself to the man. Gird leaned over and said with a smile, "Hullo, my name's Gird" He then reached over and grabbed the man's apple right from underneath him, and took a big bite, and interupted himself with an "oh!" and then a "this is the best apple I've had in a long time!"

He licked his lips, finally cleaning off the 'milk mustache,' that had been lingering there for quite a while. He then remembered his manners, and turned back to the man.

"I am sorry, what did you say your name was?"

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk