View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 01:51 AM   #59
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sírabel and Lanus

"You know, im feeling quite glad now ive had cake, I think it was quite a good idea that i had." said Lanus smugly smiling at Sírabel with one side of his mouth crooked and his dark hair falling over his eyes.

"It was my idea" muttered Sírabel.

"Well whoevers it was, it was a well one indeed." he nodded pushing his plate into the centre of the table. Sírabel had a troubled look upon her face, something which did not look as it was supposed to be there, like a burnt log in the middle of a field of flowers. "What is it?" he asked.

"Ive been trying to think" said she, "About how a girl like I can only stay in the shire for so long, what ever shall i do next?" Sírabel sighed. "I though i may go back to Gondor, to Minas Tirith, to Contabro. Did I ever tell you of Contabro?" she asked and Lanus shook his head. "Another story for another time perhaps? Where was i? yes, Gondor. Which got me thinking, are you going to be a rogue all your life and freelance messages for lords and thieves? Is that really where your path lies?"

Lanus cheerful mood was snapped, his face in turn grew dark. "I see Miss Dleone, we still have much to learn of one another, and much which I still have not revealed about myself. No I do not see that i will be errend-running for my life, to !Lords and Thievesand one day I will return to Ithilien and take the post which was my fathers with the prince. The Haradrim, have i told you of the Haradrim?" Sírabel humble shook her head "A tale for another time perhaps?" he said mocking her.

"You can be so cruel sometimes Lanus, and here i thought you were nice, and even now i see a darkness creep over you." she said softly and reached for her folio which sat under the table. Out of it fell the two letters she had recieved from Lanus the pervious after noon. "I almost forgot!" she exclaimed picking them off the floor from under the table. "Ill have to-" there was a loud yell which was then uttered from her mouth as her head hit the top of the table.

"Miss Delone!" said Lanus helping her up. "You made the whole table shake, and- oh dear-" he put her back in her seat but beheld the trickle of blood which was now driping from a cut in her head.

"That hurt" Sírabel moaned, her eyes watering.

"Come now, lets get this fixed." said Lanus, lifting her so she was standing, but she swayed back to the seat. Next helping her across the room, they came to the bar and Sírabel was propped upon a stool. "Innkeeper!" he called as the young woman was serving a hobbit. "Have you anything which may aid my friend here, she knocked her head on the table."

~My lord, Éomer~