View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 11:11 AM   #47
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Romenna bid her new friend Delleth fair skies and a good evening, and watched him leave the Inn. She had not realized how much she missed pleasant conversation.
"A traveling partner," she thought to herself, "how nice it would be to have someone to journey with, once again." Romenna looked around the Inn, if ever there was a place to find such a mate, this would be it.

There was the strange man at the bar, the one who had stomped on his own cloak. Not Romenna's idea of the ideal companion. Every table seemed to host a group of friends this afternoon, and Romenna was not likely to barge in on an entire group. She listened as one collective or another recounted old stories and made plans for travels. The door opened, and a woman with long, black hair entered the Inn. She cast a furtive glance about the Inn, then removed a beautifully flowing black cape and hung it on a peg. The lady seated herself at a quiet corner table in the back. She appeared to be keeping a vigilant watch for an unwelcome someone. Romenna sipped the final contents of her ale and observed the woman. She was shy, certainly. The lady softy petted the kitten she had drawn from her pocket. Her demeanor spoke of fear, and her build and movement did not suggest any capability for self defense. Romenna’s lips thinned as she watched the lady, nothing angered her more than attacks upon the defenseless. Perhaps it wasn’t Romenna who was in need of a traveling companion.

Romenna ordered two cups of tea, and as a second thought ask for a bowl of milk as well from the Hobbit lass behind the bar. Romenna brought them over to the mysterious lady’s table.
"My lady, I am Romenna of the realm of Gondor. Might I trouble you to have tea with a fellow traveling woman?"