View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf T-I-G CVIII: Wolves of the Galadhrim (Game Thread)

"So this is a flet," said the Lady Galadriel, gazing out over the sea of mallorn leaves, glinting silver in the light of Ithil. "I do not wonder, now, that you have chosen so strange a dwelling, Lord Amroth, for what other would give so fine a view of your beautiful land? -Or," she added in an undertone, with a glance at Amroth's female attendant, "so good a refuge in times of need?"

"Indeed," said the ruler of Lorien, with a sharp look at his guest, "though I hope and trust such a time will never come."

The Lady Galadriel's face was unreadable. "Truly, you and I have much to discuss." Again she glanced at the Elf-maiden.

Amroth caught the look. "Nerwen," he addressed the attendant, "wine for the lady. She has journeyed far."

The maiden slipped down the ladder with the airy agility of the Silvan folk, a little startling to even an Elf of other race.

"Nerwen?" Galadriel raised an eyebrow.

Amroth smiled. "There are those of us who take an interest in the lore of your people, Lady Galadriel- and in the tales of your youth. You must not think all the Galadhrim are as... well, as my lady Nimrodel."

There was perhaps a trace of wryness in Galadriel's answering smile. "Ah, yes, Nimrodel. She blames the High Elves, does she not, for all the troubles of the hither lands?"

"I have tried to teach her otherwise," said Amroth with a sigh, "but she will have none of it. Lately, too, she has sworn that she will not wed me save I bring her to a land of peace- if any such remain in Middle-earth. -But there! My troubles are a tale for another time. What of your- travels, Lady Galadriel?"

"Alas, I bring you no good news. As we feared, there is some evil power behind the darkening of Greenwood the great, which is fast becoming as foul a place as Taur-nu-Fuin in Dorthonion of old- indeed some now call it by the same name- though Men, I have heard, call it simply, "Mirkwood". Celeborn and I believe it may be one of the Nazgûl."

Amroth gasped. "Surely not!"

"There is worse," the Lady continued. "Whatever this power is, it bears great malice to all the Elves, yes, even to the Silvan folk of Lorien. It has its spies here- have a care whom you trust, Amroth."

"I cannot believe any of my people would sell themselves..!"

"Well, let us hope not. But it is not of treachery that I speak, but of sorcery- of shapeshifting. There are creatures walking among the Galadhrim- in your very household- who wear the faces of Elves but in truth are servants of darkness."

Amroth was silent for a time, gazing out over the tree-city with its many lights. Always before those lights had brought him serenity. Now, for the first time, they made him think of watchful eyes.

"It is my duty to protect this realm," he said, finally. "To protect she whom I love. But I fear it will prove in vain."

"Do not despair," said Galadriel quietly. "I will aid you."

~~~~~~

It is now Night One. Roles have been sent out. If you didn't get one, you're an ordo. Lovers and wolves may pm.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-11-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote