Thread: Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #20
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
To interject into what is essentially a dead topic being squabbled over in a case of "having the last word" oneupsmanship, since Soriman has said he realises it would be redundant to the 'Downs: back in the days of yore (you know, like 2006) I was a member of a different forum, which had a chatroom.

The technology is different, but a Discord server for the 'Downs would basically be a case of adding a chatroom, and I think that's flipping the cart and the horse: if you have a large community that wants to talk (i.e. off-the-forum), then it would have utility. Indeed, it would just be updating what has already existed: the private message system here on the forum, MSN Messenger/AIM with Downers back in the day, LiveJournal, Facebook... but its existence relies, like all those outgrowths of Internet friendship, on the forum itself being active, and putting a Discord out there would be unlikely to reawaken the sleeping majority.

Last edited by Formendacil; 04-11-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Changing past perfect tense to past.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote