View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
RS-SL-10.2: I agree that these is supperficial.

RS-SL-10.4: I don't think that we have an other source that Berúthiel actually hated the cats becuase they jumped at her. We might skip the last part from ', but she kept some ...'.

RS-SL-18: This would then be the first mention of the Shire at all. I don't think that is okay.

RS-SL-31 to RS-SL-34: The Blue Wizards could have come back to meet Saruman. But I am okay with not mentioning them together with Saruman. But what actaully speak against this:
Quote:
... RS-SL-32{, and}In the Second Age had come others of the Istari who went into the east of Middle-earth, and do not come into these talesRS-SL-32.5<UT Istari , and they had no names save Ithryn Luin ‘the Blue Wizards’>. Radagast was the friend of all beasts and birds; ...
About Narya: Okay, we will see if we can maintain that in the part about Concerning Gandalf, Saruman, and the Shire.

Heirs of Elendil: Well, the reason to prefer this text above Appendix A is that considering a 4 volume book bound in red leather the volume 4 would contain The Hobbit, LotR including the Appendicies and The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. But I am not adamant on this.
However we might consider the inclusion of the Heirs of Elendil, if we accept repetition between our narrative text and the Appendicies of LotR, why not with as well with volume 3?

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote