View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #462
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Elvanui has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I sing in Elvish alot...until my sister yells at me to shut up.

I attempted making an Elvish dress...it ended up looking both Rohirric and hideously deformed. I think my mom needs to help me fix it.

I braided my hair a la Legolas several times during the school year...and to my delight many people noticed and understood (hurray for nerdy friends!!)

LOTR addicted me hopelessly to fantasy. I am bored reading anything else

Everyone says I look like I'm in a trance when I'm listening to the sountracks(but that is true for any of my music)

And as for Harry Potter..not all people who enjoy those books run around casting spells at each other(I'm sorry I feel the need to defend myself). Nor does it diminish my Tolkien obsession. LOTR and HP are two very different universes...and I find it sad that fans on both sides feel the need to attack each other to prove that their fantasy series is "better" than the other, when in fact they are both great stories in their own rights. Harry Potter simply tends to be on the lighter side while LOTR is deeper and more symbolic. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to inject my 2 cents (okay more than that) into this discussion.