View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #305
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Now that he's said it, I can finally tell Lottie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
(I was more disappointed with my DAY 1 choice: it was down to Lottie or Bryn [sic], and guess who I chose.)
Very close Night 2, but yet not quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
(Also Boro if you Mod again I will write up the stories for you! I love writing!)
Ohh, thank you. It may be a while before I want to mod another one, but don't be surprised if you hear from me to keep you to your word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
Congratulations guys, we've done it! If they don't figure this out then I would like to suggest to BoroMod that our Medium whacks everyone across the face. No words, just a good old whacking.
No words and just whacking might be good. I do constantly worry about over-stepping the 'official' capacity.

I didn't see any unfair advantage to convey the general feeling of displeasure with the entire village voting for Form yesterday. It probably would have been clear enough the fact he was the one mediumized, I just found myself laughing (but also agreeing) with the hair pulling and frustration that was going on in this thread yesterday, and wanted to convey that through Form in the narration since he was getting mob lynched anyway.

I do always attempt to tread carefully though, because even as a neutral official, I was asked if I unconsciously find myself rooting for one side over another? I've always felt the village starts out at a minor disadvantage (usually not so bad it can't be overcome) but there is a reason, looking at Kuru's stats why there is a slight advantage to the wolves at least at the beginning. And even when I'm on my own side, as a werebear/weredragon, I tend to want to slaughter the wolves first, before the townspeople .

I guess all I hope for is balance where both sides feel like they had their chances to either win or lose and those decisions rest in their own hands, not from some sort of unfair advantage given by the mod.

There will be plenty of time for further discussion after, I do quite like how the BH role turned out. But there's still a game to play out that can very much go either way and at least in the narrations I won't be confirming or denying the reasoning behind the dead's choices for their medium. Even if I find myself agreeing with Nog's position here...

Quote:
So it starts again...

Why don't they learn that is not going to work? It's just a waste of time they'd need to put in reading Greenie's posts to find what hS did so nicely.