View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #292
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Morsul, your vote of confidence is overwhelming. And on that note, I've finally finished Brinn. Sorry it's taken me so long; my brain doesn't like to turn on until at least noon. Heh.

Quote:
Ugh, I just remembered how awful this deadline is for me. I'm only going to be around for a small window during the first half of the Day, unfortunately. So I'll do my best to participate now, though I'm afraid it's not much.
Nothing.

Quote:
Nienna seemed to be the first to move away from the banter, which I appreciate. Right now I'm just too tired to process any long bantery posts, so let's just stay on-topic, okay?
I could say “oh, look, she doesn’t care what we say as long as it’s on topic” but I think this is just a busy Brinn who wants to not have to sludge through pages upon pages of IC posting. *shrugs*

Quote:
On the subject of the gifteds, I agree we just leave it alone and not worry about accidentally lynching them. Our roles are our own responsibility and it's up to the gifted how they play. If we lynch them, it's not our fault; they are the ones to blame because it is by their own actions that makes them suspicious. And anyway, if we focus too much on who the gifteds may be and how to avoid them, we may end up leaving clues for the wolves, which could be quite dangerous if any of them are accurate.
This….this looks so weird to me. “Well, if we lynch the gifteds, that’s too bad; it’d be their fault.” Not necessarily. For instance *drags up old owies* when Shasta was a ranger and our dearest Boro was a wolf Shasta did nothing wrong; on the contrary, he did everything right, and he was still lynched for it because Boro was just darn clever and smooth (no offense, Shasta dear). And I’d honestly love an explanation for the last sentence. How can the ordos leave clues for the wolves on who the gifteds are? They don’t know who the gifteds are. I’m just sayin’ that it is the responsibility of the goodie team as a whole; we have to make a conscious effort not to kill off our gifteds. If it happens or someone mistakenly suspects one, that’s fine, because we all know it happens, but this rather carefree attitude of Brinn’s makes me suspicious of her motives.

Quote:
Btw, I don't think Boro is saying let's lynch those who make sense and leave alone anyone who is acting suspicious. I think he's just trying to say we need to keep in mind that not everyone who is obviously suspicious is a wolf (and may even be possibly gifted) and not everyone who makes sense is innocent. So we can't make any assumptions based on that alone. Which I agree.
Defends Boro. And in fact they do have a point. Heck, I rarely make sense and I’m rarely a wolf; we do have to keep in mind differences in playing styles. But basically not a lot here, other than trying to (better?) explain Boro’s point of view.

Quote:
How I hate Day Ones. Not that they're useless, but I always have trouble coming to any conclusions, especially this early in the Day. I don't think it'd be right for me to vote now since it'd have to be completely random and I'm not in the mood for randomness. So I may not vote at all toDay. There's a possibility I'll be able to pop in real quick and vote later toMorrow, but don't have any high expectations.
The thing I find strange about this is that when she does vote (a bit over two hours pre-DL) it looks to me as if she has to manufacture a reason. (More on this later.)

Quote:
P.S. I also think we should keep in mind that the polar bears are an endangered species and we must work to save them. Because if we can't catch the wolves, the polar bears will totally do the job for us and eat them for breakfast.
Actually that was quite funny. Random, but funny. *grins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
And I'm sure you'd call it equally safe if I were to randomly vote instead. But at that point of the Day when it's too early to have the slightest suspicion, what else am I supposed to do?

I'm pretty sure Nogrod is talking about my own decision not to vote because it was still too early in the Day, even if I might not return.

But anyway, I am back now, for a short time at least (my participation may be spotty since I am at work). And if I have enough time to look back at some things and see enough to form a suspicion, then I will vote before I leave again.
People have voted with less suspicion and been right before. (And I’m certainly not saying to do it, but it has happened. Anyway....) Not a lot in this other than that snark, so moving on.

Quote:
I don't like the jump on Boro either. I personally found his message to make perfect sense, so I don't really know what the reactions are all about and for that reason, I would like to go back and take a look at those who did jump on him.
Defending Boro again, and apparently people who find him suspicious are possibly guilty. I’ll have to look into this more, but I may see a hint of a wolf connection. Dunno.

Quote:
Also, I think voting for someone based only on what you think is a 'slip' is rather ridiculous. If you think that way, then fine. But have some evidence to further back up that suspicion before making the vote.
Yes, but if people do make slips we can’t just let them get away with it. Double standard.

Quote:
That already happened last game. Back then it was quite fun since I was teamed with them, but if they are in cahoots together yet again, just kill me now.

Btw, I'm voting shortly since I'm done with work soon and I'm tired of looking over my shoulder in fear of getting yelled at by my boss..
Heh. Fair enough. And nothing in here much.

Quote:
I almost forgot to vote! I'm a bit rushed since I have to run to class, but here we go..

The two people who stuck in my mind as suspicious are Nogrod and Nerwen. Nogrod's certainty over Roa's guilt seems a bit odd; why so confident on Day One? Whoever mentioned that his behaviour seems cobblerish, I agree. The problem is we don't even know whether we have a cobbler or not. As for Nerwen, she was very quick to jump on Roa's attack on Boro earlier; a very bandwaggonish move, which I find suspicious. So...

++Nerwen

Of course it's always possible...and it'd be almost funny if it did happen again. Anyway it seems quite typical for Nogrod and Roa to butt heads; though that does not necessarily point toward innocence or guilt.
This also strikes me as suspicious (see above). Of course we have Shasta’s take on her cobbler mention (which is possible but I’m not betting my RSC Hamlet poster on it) but she seems very uncertain. All of us are on Day One, so that’s all right, but she goes for Nerwen (“um, she looks bandwaggonish”) instead of Nog (“he looks like a cobbler, but we might not have a cobbler”….in my mind that would only leave one option, which is that no matter what he’s evil) and then at the end notes that she does think Nog could be innocent. It’s nearly an afterthought to me, as if Brinn thought to herself “Oh, that won’t look good, so I better throw in that I think the whole Roa/Nog controversy could be ordo-only. There, much better.” I just don’t like it.

(Although for the record I do like her vote for Nerwen itself, as I think she’s a bit shady too.)

Quote:
So Roa dropped? What a shame; I was hoping to see more of the Nog & Roa show. But really, before I knew she dropped, I was starting to think it perhaps more likely that those two really were just two innocents at each other's throats. Nogrod can be a bold wolf, so I won't eliminate the possibility, but still it is rather risky to be going at it with an innocent with such force as early as Day One. If they are both innocent, the Roa vs. Nogrod was a great distraction for the wolves. With the events of yesterDay, our baddies could easily set him up for the next lynch target I think, which is why I would be rather uncomfortable to vote for him toDay.
Like I said before, basically backing off Nog completely now. More backpedalling? *scratches head* Of course it’s possible she just legitimately changed her mind, but I want to keep a close eye on it just in case as it looks like….well, I don’t know what.

Quote:
Okay, now that really is a stretch. When I said "whether we have a cobbler," I meant "we" as in "the village." I really can't see what was wrong with what I said or why you'd consider it a 'slip.'

I don't exactly understand Loslote's vote for Lommy. She summarises a post of her's, yet fails to provide any of her own commentary.
She does have a fair point here about Shasta stretching, but her original post did look a bit odd. I’m chalking it up partly to tired/busy Brinn and partly to potential sneaky evil. Also, fair point on Little Lottie’s vote; I need to check into her and see what song she sings in the Night.

Quote:
Well of course you would add it and I wouldn't expect anything less; after all, twisting words into 'slips' is something wolves enjoy doing.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure why my Nerwen vote looks bad. It's not the strongest reasoning, I admit, but I still think it was a valid one. And it's certainly better than no reason at all.

Once again, I really don't have the time I need to get a better grasp on players. I'll try to hold off my vote for now, though it will have to be sometime in the next four hours. Anyway, right now the closest thing I have to a vote is Loslote for her unreasoned vote. She even admitted she didn't have a reason to suspect Lommy. Summarising a post of her's does not make it look better if there's no actual opinion shared or conclusions made.

I think you should've gone by that name. It so much more fun to say, not to mention it's easier to rhyme (like Steve).
Again, holds fair points, but the Nerwen vote looks off for specifically the reasons I stated above. Another good point about Lottie and then she just attacks me. *sobs bitterly*

All in all Brinn seems really busy but as we know we can’t let that keep us from suspecting her. I’m not going to push for a Brinn lynch toDay but I would go along with it if it came up because I think she’s a rather good suspect, busy or no. Sorry muffin.

Sorry, I've got to go into work. I'll be back when I can and will look over Nienna and others. Also, if there's any errors/ommissions in this post feel free to let me know, as I didn't have a chance to check it properly and I don't want to wait to post it. Until I return!

ETA: Just in case you don't realize, all quotes are by Brinn. *toddles*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote