View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #23
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I don't think that he would have contested Morgoth's rule, although I do not want to eliminate the thought completely.

I just think that you can have an extreme lust for domination and power and still be second in command without rebelling.
Rune, I agree that it is not likely Sauron would have contested Morgoth's renewed rule. After all, Sauron built Angband in anticipation of Morgoth's return in the 1st Age (and of course there's the apocryphal information regarding Morgoth's release from bondage at the end of the world).

It is, however, intriguing to think of Sauron and Morgoth squaring off, isn't it? Morgoth most likely would still command the remaining Balrogs and dragons, while Sauron (with the aid of the Rings) would probably hold his armies of corrupted men in sway. What the question would be is which way the Orcs might go (and argument could be made for either Sauron or Morgoth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Like:
Stalin under Lenin
Himler under Hitler
and
Cheney under Bush
Hmmm...let me see, you list 2 sets of evil geniuses, then a pair of bumbling, obfuscating wannabes. I don't get the comparison.