View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #146
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
Sting

<>Fine by me... who's Alhuanion?<>

Radae rode ahead of the group, who followed with Faye and Collette together, and Aranel providing rear guard. They rode boldly through the destroyed territory of the once great outpost, and right up to the gargantuan black monolith that was Orthanc. Not surprisingly, Saruman was there, supposedly waiting for them. "Ahh," the ex-wizard sneered, "All the men have their share of trouble in war, so they send the women to do their messenging. You touch me. How may I help you, my pretty ones?" He swept his hat off in mock courtesy. Radae dismounted and stood before him defiantly. "Saruman! We have come to speak with you. We ask you the first time to reconsider and leave evil behind you. Recall your army and join the side of truth." Saruman's sneer broadened. "Girl! How dare you come to me with visions of peace! There will never be peace in Middle Earth! There is only one truth! Power! Join me and find the real truth..." Unable to stand formalities any longer (its a dragon's weakness) Radae turned dragon with a mighty roar and soared into the air. She sucked in a breath in preparation of flaming the evil wizard to ashes when she was hit with a blast of magic from below and fell to earth with a ground-shuddering crash!