View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #382
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
"Help? Yes." The girl's first words were brusque and short, but then she added in a softer tone. "I could use help, but you'll need to bring your horse to the other side of camp so we can hitch them both up to the wagon." Azhar gave a brief indication of the direction she was going with a wave of her hand and, without waiting for an additional response, began hurrying over to the spot where the wagon was parked.

Along the way, she was stopped by one of the other scouts who offered a temporary loan of his sword to ensure their safety on the road. She shook her head and immediately dismissed the offer, explaining she would do just fine with her trusty slingshot and knife.

Privately, Azhar was not sure about having Beloan come along. Although Lindir had suggested she find someone to join her in the wagon, she had been considering slipping out of camp totally on her own. She almost wondered if Rôg had confided something to Aiwendl or Lindir about what had happened during the battle, since the elf had not questioned her ability to fight. In any case, she would not try to wield a weapon like a sword of which she had absolutely no knowledge. If things got tough, she would opt for her animal form, as inexperienced as she was. Hopefully, none of this would be necessary. They would make the trip in a short time and arrive safely at the home camp.

Azhar was not sorry she was leaving. Orcs made her uncomfortable and nervous. Moreover, someone had to get a message through to the others, and she would be able to find out how Rôg was doing and perhaps even talk with him about what had happened earlier. She needed to talk with someone.

They hitched up the horses and climbed into the wagon. "You can drive, if you like," she indicated to Beloan. "To tell the truth, I am so tired from staying up half the night, I'm more likely to fall asleep. She crawled into the back and stretched out on a pile of old blankets, staring up at the skies as the wagon rocked gently along.

Last edited by Tevildo; 04-21-2007 at 06:25 PM.