View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #367
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Makdush, Ishkur & Gwerr

Gwerr was probably the most surprised himself as he realised he was siding with the Uruk in this. But what Ishkur had just proposed was total foolery to him.

“Now listen to me you maggot! Twelve to fifteen of them... on horseback! What are you thinking with the birdbrain that’s given to you my friend?” He glanced at the Uruk from the corner of his eyes and saw him grinning to this new developement. Gwerr was trembling with anger and was already reaching for the hilt of his axe before he came back to his senses and concentrated to his fellow again, now with lower and more tempered voice.

“Okay mate. I know you have had hard times, we all have. I also know you have acted somewhat weird lately. That’s fine with me. It’s your own stinking life anyhow. But do I...” he glanced back to the Uruk once again, giving him the most challenging stare he managed, “...do we have to hammer sense into your empty head?” he spat the word we. “So you think we three should run to them over the open, right? We’ll stand no chance that way. Can’t you see it?”

Gwerr took Ishkur from the shoulders and came close to his face. “Listen to me. We get out of here and we do it fast before they come close enough to find us. Right? Then we search for the females and the brats... After that we reconsider. We may try a surprise attack to save some of them later – if they leave any of them alive in the first place – or to rob them of everythnig they have. Whatever... But that's then. Not now! With the females we have a force enough to beat them. But the three of us? No chance in an open attack. You know it.”

Taking care to show his back to the Uruk Gwerr winked an eye to Ishkur and nodded very carefully towards the horse. Without a sound his lips formed a clear articulation of the word “remember”.

“What are you two doing? We’re in a hurry. They are inside the camp already!” Makdush called them from near the entrance where he had slipped to follow the developement of the situation in the camp.

“Just hold a second, big-boy!” Gwerr said and drew his axe. With two steps and a single blow he cut the backwall of the tent open from as high he could to the ground. “We leave from here. Now let’s move!”

The three rushed from the tent. Makdush went first, Ishkur led the horse and Gwerr came last. Smootly they disappeared to the sparse thicket beginning from behind the slaver-commander’s tent and in a moment they were already outside any visibilty from the encampment as the few larger boulders and the low hillocks hid them neatly.

After a short walk Makdush climbed a small mound and tried to get a view back to the camp.

Ishkur and Gwerr both stopped. “Hey brute, what’s going on back there?” Gwerr asked the Uruk.

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-11-2007 at 04:59 PM.