View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #82
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
My, my, Rikae's laconic uneasiness with me has sprouted and borne fruit, it seems. Evidently it's 'being jumpy' to ask someone who throws a laconic oneliner like that at me for explanations, especially when it was her first post and she'd singled me out without commenting on anybody else, yes?
Looking at her later posts, she was rather quick to backpedal when questioned about that remark - but by then her 'uneasiness' (I'm not really sure whether to call it a suspicion yet) had been picked up by several others, so maybe she was content to relax and let them do the work? It would be awfully easy to see wolvish behaviour there - a little too easy, I think. I'm actually more inclined to think she was trying to test me for reaction, or maybe even throwing that remark out as a bait to see who would latch on to it.
Kit, for example - if I remember correctly, it was she who first posted a real suspicion with arguments to it against me. On the other hand, she also questioned Rikae and Sally for reasons, and it looks like she weighed the pros and cons impartially before voting. Her vote is understandable due to time constraints, I think, so I'll let her be for toDay.
Mac too, and I notice that he made a point of commending Kit for good posting (buttering up?) and subsequently latched on to the things she said about me. Otherwise, he and Agan are giving me a major headache with that cobbler-hint discussion. I don't see through it yet - better watch them both.

Legate and Shasta have both remarked how Lottie is remarkably un-talkative this game and not quite her regular self, which has bothered me too, but I'm a bit puzzled by this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Agan calls certain roles 'she' habitually - the one that comes to mind is the cobbler. I haven't noticed her calling the seer 'she' before, but it seems like an Aganish sort of thing to do.
Now if we are speaking of Cobbler hints, THIS might be one.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, Legate - that Lottie says Agan calling the cobbler 'she' is a cobbler-hint, or that Lottie is cobbler-hinting herself in this quote? If the latter, I'd say that's quite a stretch.
(As for the matter itself, I've noticed that Agan habitually calls all roles 'she' - obviously she doesn't hold with gender-neutral pronouns; so this is certainly not a cobbler-hint on her part.)

Regarding the rest of the village, I'm feeling OK with Boro (and will be feeling even more OK once he cuts the dream-interpreting banter and gets down to business) and skip and not alarmed yet by Zil and Shasta. I'd like to hear more from Ozzy, he hasn't really said anything that's stuck in my memory yet.
Nessa has, I believe, some posts of rather nondescript content as well (have I said that I hate math?). And there's a lot of people still dozing under my caribou with only a post or two - Eomer, BG, Ms Hubbard, Valier, anybody else? I keep forgetting how many people we've got in this village.

Now let's see how many people I've already x-ed with...

EDIT: from #79 onward, that is.