View Single Post
Old 09-03-2002, 03:01 PM   #36
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Life in the wild wasn't as bad as Uncle Perry made it seem. Sure it was cold nights on hard grounds. Less food and hard work but Rose was equall to that. Or at least she was going to make Uncle Perry belive she was equall to it.

But the one thing she couldn't get was that drated bow. Her first time using it she couldn't even hold it straight. It was oviously somthing her parents think she would have to know.

One afternoon after about three hours of completely missing the target Rose threw her bow on the ground in fustration and sat down beside it. "Your right." she said to her Uncle who was observing from under a tree. "This is too hard for a young girl to learn. Maybe I should just go home."

"Oh no." He said, walking over to her. "You can't get out as easy as that. Your bound now. Here. Watch." He picked up the bow from the ground pulled an arrow from the quiver on his back and shot it straight into the center of the target. To Rose it seemed like some in-mortal power. "Your working too hard. Just relax." He helped her up and handed her the bow and another arrow. "Hold it straight. Look at the target. Imagine there is a straight line between the arrow head and the center of the target. Concentrate only on that. Forget everything else. Now. Shoot."

Rose took a deep breath and shot the arrow. And this time it hit the target. It wasn't anywhere near where Uncle Perry's had hit but it was better then Rose had ever done before. "Did you see that?!" She cried. "I did it! I actually did it!"