View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #231
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Heh... It took me some time to make it... I think... but I never understood your point anyway. All Greek to me.

I mean I thought Roa was jumping on you to make you look suspicious - and that looked like a targeted thing. But Mac tried to introduce a kind of general "interpretive net" from the basis of which anyone reacting (or not reacting) to you could be said being suspicious (which is not only baseless but also ridiculous).

Or did you have something else in mind?
Nope, I see the difference now. Still I'm confused why you think what Mac did was "baseless and ridiculous." All info goes through personal interpretation. The only way we feel 100% confident about someone is if the seer gives us a wolf, or if a wolf goes suicidal.

Right now, everything you have looked at, all your stuff on Roa was your own interpretation leading you to believe she was a wolf. You were wrong, that doesn't make you a wolf, it just means all the "data" you looked at you interpretted incorrectly. Mac was looking at all the reactions towards what I said and tried to interpret how a wolf(ves) would react, just as you looked at it and though Roa saw it as a chance to target me and purposefully misrepresent what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
This post makes no sense to me. Seems like a lot of talk for nothing. The last line is weird.
An attempt at a humorous response to Nog's frustration about people's general inactivity. I was trying to point out the many various different personalities and characteristics of humans.

I'll put it in educational lingo, from one future teacher to another. You should be familiar with "group-work." You notice how some people step right in to take charge of the group, others aren't comfortable with taking charge and might prefer to have a "group leader" to bounce their own ideas off of. Other people are the work-horses who don't create the ideas, but do the writing/work so they can contribute. And of course there are always a few who just want all the work done for them. The general point to Nog though was cool down (literally and figuratively) we are all naturally different, and have different personalities...we all can't be the "group leader" nor are we all the "creative/come up with ideas" type...etc.

As far as the last sentence it was a reference to one of Tolkien's letters where he writes "I neither preach nor teach" plus Reynold de Chatillon (played by Brendon Gleason in Kingdom of Heaven, which I just watched the previous day). It served no purpose besides trying to amuse myself with word play.