View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Very revealing that PJ would contrast "boring dialogue scenes" with doing "something cool."
Yes I did cringe with Boyens and Jackson talking about their script-writing prowess.

I forget what thread it was where you and I debated about the Jackson/Walsh/Boyens arrogance in believing they improved Tolkien. In which case I will say now I stand corrected on my viewpoints then.

I still think there's nothing inherently wrong with someone reading/being inspired by art and thinking "I want to create something better" or "I respect the original source, but want to improve it." In my opinion, that is the purpose of creativity.

Having said that to gloat and brag that it was a better script/better written than Tolkien, oh my...they're delusional and arrogant. I don't remember if Walsh was a script writer for The Hobbit, but I'm pretty sure Boyens was. And well, The Hobbit's script speaks for itself. Without as much original source material to pillage, my ears bled from hearing what Boyen's and Jackson "created."