View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #14
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
These are actually good points. Even though on Day 2, there would already be two dead (Day 1 lynch and Night kill), but they would have to unanimously decide on what they do. But I guess that at least would give them something to discuss. But it may happen more often than not that the Medium simply won't get chosen. (Which, I mean, is just as well. No big deal.)

But is there a specific reason, Boro, why you wouldn't allow even stuff like 1-0 to be a successful Medium vote?
Looking at the Quarantine Thread from Nog's game, the villagers were quite unanimous in who to vote for. The lack of controversy can be a good thing and a bad thing (remember everyone innocently voting Rune?), but in both cases it's a less-amount-of-scheming thing. I suppose things would be different when you empower as opposed to directly vote someone, when you're trying to balance between signalling something with your choice of Medium but also trying to empower a vote you agree with. Will the >50% cut off make the voting even more unanimous, or will it play to the dead wolves' hands if the Dead innocents change their mind about their Medium choice mid-vote because of the Game Thread developments? The >50% rule gives the wolves a better chance at sabotaging the vote, but I wonder if it will also force the innocents to undue coherence.