View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #731
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
N6, 58 First Age

Agan: Okay, Mänwe is the best course. That’s the thing you can read from what Shasta said yesterday.

Mac: Exactly. Mänwe is a known traitor now…

Cailín: But aren’t there other ways of reading it?”

Agan: You look bad for saying that now Cailín.

Rikae: Shouldn't we look at those other possibilities?

Agan: Well nothing’s gonna change my mind...

Legate: You know, Mänwe is the best bet.

wilwa: Some of those Shasta dreamt of might have died though?

Mac: Let’s get this over with, it’s Mänwe.

Greenie: I agree, lynching Mänwe is our best bet today.

Cailín: I’m not wholly convinced by this Mänwe-is-a-discovered-wolf theory. Let's be careful though and not take things for granted.

Legate: Well, it is not 100% sure that he dreamed of Mänwe, but likely.

Skip: It would be foolish to ignore Mänwe today.

Cailín: But wouldn’t Shasta have been more clear of it if he actually had a traitor dreamed of, just asking?

Boro: Yes, why are you assuming Shasta dreamt of Mänwe? It doesn’t make sense with what he said.

Legate: Well Boro, I could imagine Shasta dreaming of Mänwe.

Agan: Boro I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Rikae: The Mänwe business is simply not as clear, contrary to what Agan says: "would be the first..." sounds more like a plan to dream him rather than a reference to an already dreamed traitor.

Legate: I think it is quite plausible that he dreamed of him. I’ll give him the fourth vote.

Nessa: Mänwe is my likely vote today.

Boro: If he had dreamed of a Mänwe wolf, I would think a Shasta-seer would convey this more clearly and finally put an end to the wolves double kills.

Agan: I would like to remind each innocent in this village that we need to vote together today. Despite Boro's behaviour.

Greenie: Sure thing. I’m voting Mänwe.

Cailín: Okay then, as you wish. But if Mänwe is not a wolf, we are all doomed.

wilwa: It is very likely Shasta dreamt of a traitor Mänwe. He said red anyway.

Nessa: If nothing else, we all need to vote together.

Rikae: Doesn't seem like a good idea for a seer to put a dreamed wolf in such a big group of yellow-orange. As mentioned, no red... but even if Shasta didn't dream him, he's still a good bet for a wolf.

~*~

Melkor had been overhearing the discussion with a smile that got ever wider.

"This has been the best day of the whole experiment! Look at how they eat something, anything suggested to them and even if their reason says to them it's all in the thin air - they go with the flow... even if those who really put some effort to thinking about the arguments differ - and even those find a way to join the chorus some other way of whim. Splendid! If mortal Maiar are this easily taken in when promised it's not their own neck that would be put on fire - they don't want to rock the boat then - so how easy will it be with the humans? I do love this experiment!"

"Should we pay them a visit mylord?" Sauron asked standing beside his Master.

"Nah... let them continue the learning-process."

~*~

"Everyone has their weapons?"

"Let's hit simultaneously, everyone!"

"Yeah, let's get him!"

"I'm not joining... well... to heck with principles, give me a sword as well."

And they all fell their weapons on poor Mänwe, the innocent Maia.

The living:

Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.
Kitanna - (Hunter) A spirit of all things unimaginative; committed a willful suicide on N3.
Thinlómien - (innocent) A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Valier - (Innocent) A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Inziladun - (Innocent) A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos; cut in half and turned to stone by Sauron on D3.
Eomer of the Rohirrim – (Innocent) An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs; skinned, gutted and sank into his own blood on N4.
Blind Guardian –(Innocent) A spirit of evil ways; skinned, gutted and sank into her own blood on N4.
Pitchwife - (Cobbler) Tender of Oromë's dogs; killed by the Maiar on D4.
elronds_daughter - (Innocent) A spirit of no-nonsense; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Shastanis Althreduin - (Seer) A spirit of water; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Mänwe - (Innocent) A spirit of short acquintances; unanimously killed with a blow from everyone on D5.

It is Night 6 now.

Wolves and the ranger; whether there is a toMorrow is in your hands now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote