View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #526
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
OK, I'm here.

On the Night kill: I don't think the wolf was just being sporting by sparing a known innocent, but perhaps they thought Soriman had dropped out, or was liable to modfire for his second non-vote, or might simply miss the vote again. In any case I don't think it's unfair to say that Boro would have been a more formidable opponent toDay, so eliminating him instead makes sense.

Also his death points rather obviously to Lommy whom he suspected and voted yesterDay. But there my difficulties start, for how much sense exactly would it make for Lommy to kill Boro? She speculated a lot about Boro and Legate being packmates yesterDay. Wouldn't it have been better for her to kill, if not Soriman, then either Morsul or me and persuade the remainder to help her lynch Boro? Especially after Boro criticised her vote for Legate who then turned out to be a wolf?

And speaking of that, I know from experience that Legate has no objections to being bussed if it helps the pack to win, but would Lommy as a wolf really have felt that such a sacrifice was necessary when the pack had already lost sally? I mean, the latter I get - if sally was busy and unwell I can even see her volunteering for it. But why ditch your last packmate on the eve of endgame? Were there no other options?

Soriman, are you around? Any thoughts?