View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #436
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am chipping away at the remnant of Aria very slowly. It wasn't comjng together verh well, but it's gonna happen eventually.

In the meantime, another lyrics question that occurred to me:

But fathers do not choose their daughters
Vs
And fathers do not choose their daughters

It's another very minor semantic quibble, but I wonder if the latter carries Thingol's theme more smoothly. Hey Melian, you're being unfair, I disagree woth Luthien, and since I can't change her I change what I can in her best interest, even at the cost of myself and Doriath.

Coming back to the troublesome line from before, there's also Mh King, your words have lost the battle!, which avoids all descriptions of his words if you're not a fan of them. That also made me think of My husband dear, you've lost the battle!, but the level of scorn there belongs in Melian shall be the sole queen of Doriath. I am happy with the line as is, but if it's still making you itch I can help look for alternatives.

On a totally different note, I was gonna make use of the recent activity to signature-advertise the Zong. I'm probably gonna put up a quote which would be representative of the work, but not spoil any dramatic moment. Current candidates are one of the My Griefs from Ballad to Amarie (probably the cannot return one), and the arrow set in flight stanza from Truth. Hmm, maybe "You came from under darkened dome, you enter now the secret land. - Take me to Finrod's fabled home!". What would you pick as the one quote to rule them all?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-17-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote