View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #432
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh my lord, upon our border - something's finally in order!.. Maybe?

I finally got down to recording the entirety of Minions today, which was a bit of an adventure. Turns out I did not connect the new recording equipment properly, so the whole time the recording was via my computer microphone (which explains why it's so quiet). I was not able to make the new mic work, though I tried every single wire in the package with every setting in Audacity, work out for yourself however many combinations that makes. I don't know what I did wrong, given that Elanor and I tested the mic before and it worked fine. In the end, I figured that maybe the low quality actually makes the minions sound more Gollum, which is a good thing.

Minions - just the music. The difference from previous is the "at this hour late" phrase, which only goes down now and can be half-sung half-said whichever way you want. Interestingly, listening with earphones the higher pitches sound very prominent, but in headphones I can barely hear them over the bass. I was gonna try to even it out, then gave up on it. It's as much volume balancing as I want to do until I settle into some semblance of permanent and good audio equipment.

Minions - the whole thing sung. I added Sauron for kicks, and I guess I was channeling a languid!Sauron who just didn't wanna bother following the melody up to the higher notes.

Minions - itsy bitsy voices alone. Let me know how it sounds, I can rerecord on phone the old-fashioned way if it's too smudged, or if the Gollum does not actually come across (it's very Gollum in the headphones and not at all without them, I have no idea with the tech failing me left and right). Also, just noticed now without the music how much it's echoing - that must be the mic doing its echo function, but then why wasn't it recording properly? Dunno. . Basically, very low threshold to re-record, I've almost convinced myself I should.

I was playing around with making "Oh my lord!" go up an octave via Audacity's special effects, and "Upon our border!" go down one. It sounds rather silly, and is fun to manipulate. I am undecided whether it's a good idea for the final thing though, and it would also depend on the order in which the minions fly back into the picture in the video.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-06-2021 at 09:19 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote