View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #431
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry for the silence again. I'm afraid I have been running AWOL again. I have had less free time this week than I expected, and my earphones died again. So I got myself headphones this time around, but I hate the sound in them (the trumpet sounds reedier than the clarinet, the basses are overpowering...) and they make my ears hurt when I wear them too long. So that's the update on my quest for finding good listening equipment. However, Elanor has found some great recording equipment, we'll see if it makes any difference in sound quality.

I am on the way to getting Minions sorted. I got a concilium together, consisting of two family members who can play music by the ear and a music teacher. The problem is "at this hour late"; nobody could agree how that music goes, because the V1 minions seem to not so much sing in tune as to enunciate musically and each iteration sounds different. However, the unanimous agreement was that this phrase has to be absolutely disharmonious and break every rule of music you can think of. Also, the suggestion was to vary it slightly between the Minions and Sauron, so it's not an exact echo. I fiddled around with the score, and am experimenting with the singing a bit to see how doable it is.

Haven't progressed any on Aria, that was completely stalled while my earphones were out.

In other news, passing on lots of compliments about all the recent stuff we did, and the live action videos. My mom said that until she learned you translated Lament into Elvish, she thought I was as Tolkiennutted as it got. I told her she just hasn't met the Tolkien community proper. Seriously though, everyone loved the style of that video, and apparently our dueting skills have improved with time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I think dropping 'foolish' has made a lot of difference in my mind, to the point where I'm not looking solely at these two options:

Your reckless words have dealt our death-blow!

or, reverting:

Your reckless words have lost the battle!

Sorry, I know I'm running in circles...!
I vote for "Your reckless words have lost the battle", but if you feel strongly about the other one I could live with it. As you know, I just like the idea of Melian telling Thingol that he lost, and I don't think the death-blow carries that sense very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
What is not unfinished - any more - is the Finrod-Zong Prologue! I've finally put all the slides together, and while I'll probably tweak some of the transitions at some point, I'm happy with this as the 'dress rehearsal'.

01 - Galadriel's Lament
Wonderful! I will update the links momentarily. Love the picture sequences, they tell the story really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Also, I am now the proud owner of the direct inspiration for the portrait+heraldry style of the animations:

This is Jenny Dolfen / Gold Seven's Finarfin badge. She has matching ones for Fingolfin and Feanor, but, like... who cares about them? I did, however, buy the Luthien & Beren paired set; they're currently hanging out together on my coat.
Didn't you also get another character earlier - Finrod himself maybe? You're becoming quite the collector.