View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 05:12 AM   #429
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Of the options so far, I think I prefer reckless over bitter (bitter he will be when he realizes fell doom has fallen on the king; "fetch me a Silmaril" or "please marry my daughter" isn't really bitter). And I agree it should be THE death-blow, neither yours nor mine.
How about 'our', meaning either Thingol and Melian, or Doriath, or all Beleriand (through the Nirnaeth)?

I think dropping 'foolish' has made a lot of difference in my mind, to the point where I'm not looking solely at these two options:

Your reckless words have dealt our death-blow!

or, reverting:

Your reckless words have lost the battle!

Sorry, I know I'm running in circles...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Hey, nice! And nice play. I'm reading through it, it has some fascinating moments.
The Leithian Script is a large part of why I love Finrod so much. It's been very, very hard to shake off its visuals, too - that's actually why I based the Zong portraits directly on the actors, because otherwise I'd wind up copying the Script's images! (The Corollaire is already a direct reference...) It does suffer from massive scope-creep, though: Acts I and II are stageable, Act III would at least be filmable, but Act IV is a monster bringing in literally every character she could think of. Also: unfinished, which is deeply frustrating.

What is not unfinished - any more - is the Finrod-Zong Prologue! I've finally put all the slides together, and while I'll probably tweak some of the transitions at some point, I'm happy with this as the 'dress rehearsal'.

01 - Galadriel's Lament

Which at last brings all the current songs to their 'final state', except for the old logo all over the place. I'm very pleased to have that sorted.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote