View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:40 PM   #420
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I think Sindarin looks prettier and more mysterious when written in English, but it's so much harder to pronounce. "Dhínin di nidh nín" has to be a Sindarin tongue twister. Can't speak to the vocab and grammar, but now having attempted to sing in both, Quenya is a lot kinder on the speech apparatus. ^.^
It would be easier to read out had Tolkien not decided to write 'dh' when he meant 'th'. I mean, I get why, but... :-/

Quote:
I don't know if that's any help, or just two paragraphs of no help.
No, it helps; lets me refine how much shading is needed. I agree that chins are a must, but I tried leaving Amarie's nose just now, and it was creepy as all get-out - less 'art' and more 'MAMA CARANTHIR STOLE MY FACE AGAIN'.

So I've wound up taking this:

And turning it into this:

With hopefully the right amount of face that it's stylistic rather than horrifying. At the very least I think it's better; I can always switch back if my face-game improves!

Quote:
On my front, I think we'll also need to redo Minions. My mom, who has nearly perfect hearing, told me I totally butchered the melody there, and considering the absolutely disharminious harmony they have there I can well believe her. I'm gonna ask her to help me fix it, and then I'll modify the instrumental (won't need to redo all of it, but would need to fix it to match the melody). And we'd need to re-sing it after. I'm sorry that I couldn't do it properly, but I'm glad at least someone has pointed it out before we're well past this song.
Hey, no problem; I'm always happy to sing Sauron. ^_^ And the prologue for Minions will be affected by the de-facing (Beren and Barahir, and possibly Fan-Dance Sauron as well), so it ties together nicely.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote