View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #409
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
^_^ Well then, I'll mention that the full translation is on the end of the Libretto now. About half of the verse-stanzas have an extra syllable in the last line, but other than that it should scan nicely. I'm quite pleased to have gotten to use 'telconta', 'palantir', 'voronwe', and 'aure entuluva' (Day shall come again!), as well as sneaking the plural of 'huine' in towards the end.
*applauds* Well now it just had to be done! (and voice alone, if you wanna insert Finrod and fiddle with their volumes or whatnot). This is fantastic! I am equally pleased with all of these recognizable phrases, especially "aure entuluva" - which I only now realized I've been mispronouncing for years, but hopefully I got it right here. Same for all the rest of it. Also, am I correct in thinking that while "melamar" means home, its literal meaning is "beloved house"? That is the most beautiful thing I have learned today. Gosh I love this song!

I also liked your forgiving heart / empty heart in the end of the stanzas, it's perfect. I think my favourite lines to say though were the ramar / melamar couplet. It rolls off the tongue so perfectly, and the sound of the language is very beautiful.

If we're actually gonna make a thing from this, I'll do a better recording. Now that I think of it, maybe I should re-record the English one too, now that I know how to crop things and combine different records on Audacity. And fiddle with the music a bit. (later, later, after the primary work is done, I know!). I really really love that song, and the Elvish makes it sound really cool. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hui
Oh absolutely. Possibly some of my live-action experiments too; it'll be fun!
Certainly! "Coming soon to theatres near you" *cut to live action Renunciation*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
It puts the mid-line breath back where it should be, right? As well as matching the other copies of the line.
That was the thought behind it. If you're happy with this, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
A thought: since we're literally halfway through making a movie here, might it be sensible to get the thread moved to the Movies forum (or perhaps leave the original parodies here and split off the Zonging)? I always feel slightly worried about pushing away the preview for other Mirth threads.
I mean, as far as pushing the preview, we're bound to do that regardless of what forum we're in. This has been the most active thread in the last year, with the exception of the WW games. However, I agree that 11 pages piggy-backed onto a thread that's not entirely on this topic is a bit out of proportion, and it wouldn't be wrong to split off the Zong. I can PM some mods to see what can be done. If we were to create a separate thread for this, should we title it Finrod: The Rock Opera, or Finrod-Zong, or both separated by an aka?

In the mean time, here are some Minions (starts around 1:15 because of the silenced intro). Subject to change should any bright ideas arise. I tried to match how you pronounced some of the words, which we say differently. And is this what you were thinking of for "Oh my lord - upon our border"?

Btw, the music, cause it's been a while since I posted it.

Edit: I was on a roll today. How do you like twinklebell Melian? Fully inspired by your twinkling star-flower-lamps.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-10-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote