View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #404
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I've had some trouble with that part myself, I think because the words don't quite fall onto a natural rhythm. I need to say it a few times in my head before it comes out decently.
The problem turns out to be that I just... wrote that line really badly. I've rewritten it to actually scan, and I think improved the rhyme too. I think it works now!

Quote:
ETA: a couple quick recordings -
1. Quarrel: it's fun!
It's so much fun. Right back at you. I had to re-record the start of 'O Silmarils', but got it eventually (I hope!). I also had to rerecord the new 'Mortal' line - for some reason I kept singing 'know' as 'noo'. No idea what was going on there, but it's really hard to avoid.

Quote:
2. Minions: this came out horribly off tune, but I was too cold to do another run today. Please don't pay attention to the quality of the singing, but this is kinda what I was imagining for the timing of the last stanza. Which is why I was so excited when you posted your version with "Oh my lord upon our border" in those spots, I didn't even think about that possibility. So I've been wondering if it might do well with "Oh my lord -!" x2, before the hesitant little minion voice comes in (I really like the hesitant minion, it's like he's scared he'll get smitten for speaking up). Or a full "Oh my lord, upon our border". Or "Oh my lord" the first time, and "upon our border" the second. Or "there is something" the second. So many possibilities! What are your thoughts on this? Anyways, once we figure the lyrics out, I will try to get a real and on-tune recording done sometime next week.
D'aww, spooked minion! Very nice. So I think it would work just fine as you sang it - I'd keep the minions creeping in one by one to fill the time. I'm quite intrigued by the idea of 'Oh my 'ord... upon our border... [Deep breath] Oh my lord, upon our border [etc]'. It sounds like the most natural version; just repeating 'Oh my lord' three times feels like it would need more graphics than we have (eg, Sauron snarling or dismissing the minion each time).

Quote:
Speaking of lyrics, it's a minor thing, but what are your thoughts on "it shall brighten up my leisure", instead of "it will"?
Um. I feel like 'shall' is a stronger word: I'd probably want to emphasise it if it was there. Is that what you had in mind? Perfectly happy to do so, but I'm curious as to the why!

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote