View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #429
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quotes I picked out earlier, in no particular order -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
You agree with whoever that Rikae and Legate didn't expect Nog to gain further votes and in the same breath call him 'widely suspected'. Where is the logic in this, Doctor?[/SPOCK]
As for my vote, well - what do you do when one of your suspects (Formy) votes the other (Kath)? How do you determine which of the two you were wrong about? I didn't feel up to wrapping my head around the question at this (for me) late hour, so I looked for a third option. I had been suspicious of Nog earlier, mainly for his IMHO (pace Nog's ghost!) forced suspicion of Hui and (to me) unconvincing defense thereof, so there I went. I could have gone for Nilp, but didn't have a strong enough impression of him.
I’m flip-flopping like a madwoman here trying to decide if this sounds like an innocent explaining a late night thought process or a bad guy wriggling. I’d be leaning towards the former if it wasn’t for that last sentence. It makes it sound like he even considered voting someone he didn’t have an impression on rather than either of his top suspects because they were suspecting each other. This is weird, though it’s also possible I’m reading him wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Not particularly worried about
Kath - I still think she seems more laid-back than wolf-Kath, and her not being too worried about her own life yesterDay (adding a new lynch candidate when she herself was on the lead) adds to the impression.
Fair point, but more than half the village were still left to vote at that point so she could have figured the situation was likely to change. Also she didn’t actually add a new lynch candidate, Nilp already had one vote so she tied him with herself and Form. Admittedly she could have voted Form, too, but this would have looked pretty fishy for her the next Day if she hadn’t suspected Form previously (I don’t actually remember if she did). I’m trying to just type quick answers so I can get off the computer asap, and my argumentation is seriously deteriorating from not being able to go back and check things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Mac - looking back, he was actually very "happy-go-lucky" at the start of the first Day, later got to a more analytical mode. This all happened with not so much activity. Pitch was one he suspected, ending with voting him. Seemed very convinced that Hui was "at most a Cobbler". I would not think a Wolf-Mac would make such clear statements, but then again, anything is possible.
I’m not sure why not – if anything, wolves can sometimes be more clear and assured and consistent than ordos, given that they know basically everyone’s alignment already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I am now going to sound reactionary because from what I've read toDay I am concerned about Greenie. As I'm her top suspect, that may well be because she's trying to get me lynched, but actually it was what she said to Legate that made me look again.

This looks a lot like hand-washing. I can’t believe I’m spelling this out, but if you don’t like all the action happening literally in the last 10 minutes, how about – vote sooner? It’s not like some force of nature we’re helpless against, and painting it as such is an easy way to take less responsibility for one’s vote.
This just seemed a little harsh! Last minute voting is often an issue and I just don't recall her being so up in arms over it.

How about a Greenie-Legate-Nilp + someone else wolf pack. I've nothing to back that up but I can imagine the logic vs kamikaze battles would be intense.
I wish. That would have been epic. As for the comment about last minute voting, I admit I've been frustrated with it in this game and might have gone on a bit of a tirade there But I do think it's a legitimate concern - I mean, yesterDay all but one vote came within the last hour, all but two in the last half an hour, and more than half the village voted in the last 9 minutes - including the entire bandwagon that got innocent Nog lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I still think it's weird that you start a bandwagon that eventually lynched an ordo (when we have lynched no wolves yet) and when you post the next time you're not sorry/bummed at all but instead think it was hilarious that it happened? Like, regardless of how funny the dead empowering Brinn was (I don't think it was so funny but I was never big on humour anyway ), wouldn't you at least have mixed feelings about it if it contributed to an ordo lynch? Especially if you yourself contributed too? That's why Rikae gives me the vibe that they don't really care too much about the wellbeing of the village.
Not sure if this holds water. First-post-of-the-Day comments on what happened at the end of the Day before (the lynch, the Medium) are not knee-jerk reactions. People’s actual reactions to the events, whether it’s feeling gleeful or bummed, happen behind their screens, 24 hours before they write those posts the next Day. So you might feel really bummed about the lynch, but 24 hours later not feel compelled to say you feel bummed about the lynch. (Personally I almost never do, whatever my role – I just don’t see the point. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel bummed when we lynch an innocent.) What I’m trying to say is, I’d be wary of reading too much into that kind of thing since I think it indicates personality/posting style more than alignment.

Finally, I like that Rikae and Shasta are back and I think they both sound like their innocent selves poking around for reactions (and getting them). Lommy is still worrying me, and Mac is still a headache. I’m voting soon and unless someone gives me a better argument in the next fifteen minutes it’s going to be for either Kath or Legate.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote