Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:11 AM   #10714
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
See now you've got me thinking of Finrod's honour-guard at Serech.

The Lay implies that Barahir's outlaws were the last survivors of Serech, which makes it a brutal winnowing indeed.

... oh heck, Huor died at Serech during the Nirnaeth, along with 'all the valiant Men of Hador'. That's two of the Houses of the Edain practically wiped out in the same sodden marsh. o.O And apparently Celegorm destroyed a massive orc-host there, too... place must have been hecka haunted.

Oh, there's the Dead Marshes, too; but I think you said I'd already found the right fen.

(Why does Tolkien like covering marshes in bodies so much?)

hS
I totally missed this post, as I've cross-posted my reply to Pervinca! The Valiant Men of Hador are the correct answer, but by a different term, found in the same paragraph. The reason for that is two-fold: for the letter, and for the somewhat frivolous reason it belongs in the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Letting the dead lie for a moment, and going on to #9: could this be ERYN LASGALEN (or 'Wood of Green Leaves')? It's the new name of the Greenwood after it was restored ('resurrected') from being Mirkwood.
Good thought, but you're looking for a different green land and resurrection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
#1: 'cano' is a Quenya/Telerin word ('commander' or 'herald') but I don't think that's very useful. I suppose it could always be CANON...
It's not "canoe" or its derivatives.

No to the other two (and yes, that's an L---).