Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #10659
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
14: Riders suggests Rohan/the Mark, Black Riders, and Warg Riders if they actually exist outside of the Jacksonian fever-dream. Reluctant riders suggests... like... hobbits? Dwarves?
Riders of Rohan it is, by another name. And... yes, by another name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
It sounds like the clue is [note]+[riders with changed direction letter/s] = [reluctant riders].
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
#10: Probably "dying" starts with T... trying? Tying/tieing? Tie ink? Try thing? Timing? Tay mink? Tea drink? I mean, the first two are most plausible, but I can't find an answer from them. Thy thing?
No. Starts with D, and you're looking for the father of the person that is the answer to the clue, who does start with T.

EDIT: to clarify, cause in retrospect this might have been ambiguous. "Dying" = the father, starting with D. The answer is the son, starting with T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
DURIN is the king in halls of pillared stone, but where is the element? There's almost IRON, but not quite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
#8: I've wanted this one to be FELAGUND the entire time, but it doesn't work with the clue. Isildur and Anarion are kings carved in stone (the Argonath); all the kings of Gondor ("Stone-Land") technically qualify, as more tentatively does Turgon of Gondolin ("Hidden Rock"), and of course any dwarf (but I think Nain is the only N-name, and that's already been a no, right?). (I would love it to be NOM, but I don't think it works.)
Hmm, this might have been less obvious than I thought. None of the above. Keep in mind that the king is reversed, ie his name ends on N. And the stone element comes from this kings alternative name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
#2: I've been thinking 'brain' for 'pinnacle organ', but if 'far side' is a place indicator... that could be MOUNT... something. MOUNT FANG? It at least has a U in it... or AMON UILOS (Taniquetil), which means 'Mount... Everwhite', but maybe Uilos sounds like some organ I can't think of.
You're right about mountains being involved in the answer. But "Mount Fang" puts the U in the first half of the word, and you want it to be on the far half. Also, important as brains are, there is yet a more important organ.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 02-17-2021 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Clarification on "Dying" clue
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote