View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #1116
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Okay, actually, skip made me think of it!

What about Gloin???

I'm a firestarter, angry firestarter - he and his brother were the best in making fire, but also struggled during it

At gates of doom I saw too soon,
The slaughter and disaster. - not sure, could be anything, the gates of the Goblin-town, or perhaps most likely Erebor, or even in Moria if he was there? I don't have the patience to check now

White from blue, no minstrel, true - well, from Blue Mountains (that was what made me think) and, the Dwarves were all playing some instruments, though I think his instrument is not mentioned. He had white beard. And white cloak.
Torchbearer and light caster.- I guess this just refers to the fire again, or maybe something else... aaah, was he the one to accompany Bilbo inside the Mountain with the light? Might be!

Ninth in line, renown is mine,- he came as the ninth of all the Dwarves! You know, Balin, Dwalin... etc And of course he is the only one who appears in FotR.
But student beats the master.- Maybe that's referrence to his son, Gimli, who ultimately "beat" him in significance.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 09-30-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote