View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #111
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A maiden had entered the inn but that was normal, they were always coming and going. But this was different the moment the maiden had entered the inn, Elwen had felt a change. The maiden had hair, raven black that fell in curls about her face, they seemed to float as she moved. Dressed in woodland green edged in red with delicate berry coloured shoes. The maiden not so much walked as she floated or perhaps danced across the room. Suddenly Elwen felt the maiden look at her and looking up, Elwen fell in to deep brown eyes that sparkled with light. Then the maiden had spoken to her.

"Dearest friend long lost!" Elwen sprang quickly to her feet as she realised it was the fair lady Nostawen, whom she had travelled all the way from Ithilien with. When she had found her master, he had known nothing of where Nostawen had gone and so had gone ahead to make the boat ready while Elwen found her. And her she was standing before her. Elwen couldn't express her joy!

Finally Elwen calmed herself. She bowed low, greeting Nostawen in the elven tongue. Before turning to those seated at the table. "Newly met friends this is the lady Nostawen. I few minutes later and I would of begun my story of how I came to met such a beautiful and graceful elven maiden. But now you can hear from her yourself. You do not mind if the lady joins?"

The man and the dwarf made no movement so Elwen pulled up a fourth chair and gestured for Nostawen to sit down. Elwen found that her heart was racing and tried to calm it down but she could not. Tears began to spill forth trickling gentle down her cheeks flashing in the fire light. Elwen brushed them away and smoothed her midnight blue tunic down.

"How...."Elwen started. "When? What happened? Elwen took huge glups of air trying to slow down the beating of her heart and the stream of tears. Elwen pause to look at Nostawen, she seemed different...

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: arelendil ]