View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findegil View Post
In the end Sauron did it with the help of the Númenorians. And doing it with an big army of Children of Ilúvatar was the one move that made the Valar hold back, I think.
Right. The Valar were capable of dealing with Númenor, but felt they lacked the authority. They were 'governors' of Arda, but were hesitant to annihilate an entire race of people, especially one that had been given special reward for their allegiance in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findegil View Post
As an aside thought: The idea of an Amry of Men invading Valinor was in away recurring: At the end of one version of The Book of Lost Tales their is mentioned a prophecy that such a invasion would occure after the return of Melko and that the behaviour of Men in that fight would decised the way of the end of the world.
The lore concerning the 'end times' of Arda has always fascinated me, and that's something I really wish there was more 'canon' available for.