View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
<chuckle> Come to think of it, "fool" bloom may actually be an accurate description after all.
The things I say when I don't pay attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddleglum
Quite probably, I think. However, it's also possible that Sauron had a hand in starting them - as the Great Plague served his purposes well (esp of unmanning the forts guarding Mordor). Even if it's only a matter of instructing his subservient peoples in the east to ignor such tedious things as sanitation, and then chasing plague carriers out of their homes and into the West as "refugees".
I think that is Sauron had a hand in them (which I do believe he did), it was more on the metaphysical side than the medical/sanitarian side. I think it was he that brought the elements of fear and darkness into it. Every plague has a bit of that, but I mean the supernatural qualities of fear and darkness.