View Single Post
Old 07-27-2023, 12:48 AM   #10
mhagain
Wight

mhagain has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alassė Estel View Post
Thank you all! I am glad for the new knowledge. It seems you all agree that there probably isn't anything else left, at least nothing whole. But perhaps bits and peices of little things.

A question I have asked myself, I think I shall ask here too. If there was some forgotten manuscript or lost notes, what would you hope they contained?

My answers are:
The fate of the Entwives confirmed, hopefully they would be found.
The tale of Bilbo's fairy (elf? )ancestor, on the Took side.
Whether or not Tom B. and Goldberry ever had children (just imagine a whole troop of blue-jacketted, yellow shod, merry mini Bombadils singing away, all through the Old Forest)

Given more time, I could probably come up with many other things. Does anyone else have any?
If I'm allowed shoot for the stars, my hope is that some forgotten box somewhere might contain the rest of the 1950s Fall of Gondolin. Of course it 99.999999% probably doesn't exist at all, and was indeed abandoned just as we have it. But if we're allowed fantasise about what we'd love to have existing, that would have to be it.