View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #144
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Nog analysis:

Note: I've had to remove the smilies as one isn't allowed to post more than 3 in one post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
That is an interesting concept for the new cosmology... we may need to study that further...

Well, of course you don't as no one has done anything.

So think of a detective.... How does one get to start making conclusions? Well, when there is data to build the deductions on. And are there any right now? No.

It's so sad a student of parallel universes has to tell you this universe is dull and void...

And without meaning.

Unless we find some. Let me see...
First post… wants to find some data to build suspicion on

Quote:
Let's take the infamous rule that one of the first posters is a wolf as they have a desire to be active...So SPaM, Pitchie, Inzil, Loslote...?

I would be surpriesed indeed if one of them was not a wolf but then again being among the first ones to post should not be a reason to lynch anyone on any Day as such.

Anyway, shouldn't you guys be able to make even one case against someone so that we could get actually started?

Let me show you an example at this time of the Day... (sad it is but it's something compared to what you have done this far)

SPM is just so nice (and a perfect cover making that funny list and all) - but as he has not been around for years I would not like to suggest lynching him toDay on that... Be there real reasons it'd be different.

I get a bit disturbing feeling from Pitchie's first post. It feels like he tries to look like a critical and autonomous person but still rubbing Spm the right way... Also the way he praises Greenie for great points looks more like trying to make friends than actually giving a verdict on something to the benefit of the townsfolk. So slightly worrying.

Inzil manages to post thrice to say nothing in particular. Suspicious.

Loslote looks either lost (with time?) or just pure evil. Nienna looks no better...

But Wilwa then? All the showed optimism and the explanations of not being around all the time... Just what a wolf would write... keeping up appearances, you know?

Lari I'm a bit baffled about as she says basically the same the others before her but I'm not as suspicious of her. Maybe that means she actually is a baddie?

I always suspect Greenie - and she is always a bad girl! Now this much praised talk of the general terms is just what an intelligent wolf would do. Stay on the abstract level and speak of things people would like to hear and agree on. The most basic wolf-tactics...

Legate seems a bit disinterested as well. Nothing to go for without some toil, sure but maybe he's being too easy?

The thing fitting for every wolf: the more we just keep on saying "hi there, nice to meet you" or "let's kill the bastards"; or taking the meta-level in the beginning like "the quiet ones can be productive / should be lynched immediately"; or just plain refusing to "open the game" with any suspicions...

So let's do the town a favour and not lynch the controversial people but a nice one.

The wolwes need to be nice, we don't. The wolves don't need to find the culprits, we have to do that.

They can rub you the right way anyrime, we can't afford that with anyone.

Think about that unless you had more important things to think about...
This post is interesting. He makes comments about early posters and it actually turned out that the first person to post was a wolf. I’m not really sure why he brought that up as it doesn’t seem like a point most people find serious… maybe he had insider knowledge?

The rest of the post is basically a normal Nog rant about killing the quiet ones.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you do it Wilwa?

And I actually mean it whatever your role is. If you get lynched early because of what you say but thus help us others to spot a wolf you'll be a hero. So be brave and open your mind! Why can't you?

And anyway, why will not everyone say things aloud?

Okay the first posters are a thing in themselves as there is nothing to build any opinios on but already now I think there is a lot to be said (which I have kind of tried to exemplify in my last post).

So there are no more excuses to say just "hello", "have a good Day" or "let's get those bastards"...

That's like over and done with.

It would be much better if you actually said something yourself and not just called for others to say something - as reasonable as that call is in itself.

The wolves love to take that kind of a posture: say what is wise but not expose their own necks to actually do that which they think the others should do...

Okay. Sleep for me as well now but I'll be back later in the Day...
Reaffirms points from his last post, challenges Wilwa to actually say something controversial that may expose a wolf. He keeps saying things like this but then doesn’t really say anything controversial of his own…

Quote:
Exactly. Although it should be added that it's difficult, or probably even impossible , to ignore all the meta-reasons one has for suspecting people on Day1. But it's a different thing to have suspicions based on some meta-reasons than to try and argue for ones votes with them.

Like I just can't help it that because Greenie has so totally fooled me a few times lately and I have the feeling she's always a baddie it makes me suspect her also on this Day. Or if I thought the mod had made a slip in the narration I couldn't help that thought affecting my suspicions, but I couldn't argue my "case" based on that slip as it would be kind of "unsporty" (some of you might remember Glirdan's game where he slipped the gender of the last wolf in the narration that one being the only one of that sex left).

So let's try not to suspect people based on meta-reasons and at least not use them as arguments...

Okay. Off with the meta-reason discussion with me.

I need to make a pie for the girls but I will think while doing it. But just from the last posts a few little things...

Somehow the way how Lari makes her comment on wilwa strikes me: It may be that she just wished to express herself differently (there are many of whom she says only "seems innocent" or "pretty innocent looking" etc.). But of wilwa she says that we should keep her around with actual backing / arguments for why she thinks so. And I think there had been some suspicions raised on wilwa, so that would fit "nicely" ...

Secondly I do share Legate's concern on Nienna. The way she reacted to one badly backed vote early in the voting really looks like she felt the whole village was after her. And that's something the wolves tend to feel more easily than innocents.

EDIT: X'd with wilwa
Doesn’t want to use meta game reasons for suspicion, begins to find me suspicious because I defended myself against Morsul’s vote. This seems like a timid latch onto Legate’s suspicion maybe to see if it would lead to my lynching…

Quote:
It's interesting you say that you think that those who see Nienna's reactions to a first vote of the Day as over-nervous á la wolves are suspicious but then base your own vote on something as solid as what you say in the quote above...

Wouldn't this quote of yours describe also your vote and your reasons for it?

Okay. Yes, there's very little to go on as usual on Day1 and we all have to find whatever there could be to help us in our judgements. I think you Spm are reading way too much in Loslote's indecisiveness and I see more merit in the fact that Nienna reacted so strongly on the vote on her. I don't think either is a good "case" in any way but both are better than nothing.

But are they or either of them correct arguments? That's the tough one...

EDIT: X'd with Roa
Wolf on wolf with SPM and Nog?... I don’t know…

Quote:
Okay.

Apart from Nienna I seem to have only one decent pair of candidates which is Lari and wilwa - and I need to run for the choir rehearsals in a moment.

Now I see many people have raised concerns with wilwa but just suggesting that people should talk a lot even if they don't have a lot to say is not the greatest possible argument against her. Actually it doesn't make her look guilty in any way. But the sudden defence of her by Lari (with actual points why - which she gave practically of none else) when some suspicion started to emerge raises my eyebrows to be sure.

I just saw Nienna's post and am not sure what to say of it. Her explanation feels genuinish but it reminds me of yet one thing that looked so overdefensive about her, eg. quoting herself in the admin. thread before the roles were dealt. If that is not over-defensive then what is?

And I am a bit confused about her vote as well...

Bah. Needs to vote now.

++ Nienna

EDIT: X'd with Kit
He votes for me even though he thought my explanation was genuinish, but then said that I was over defensive and apparently that makes me a wolf. This seems like a pretty good way to start a bandwagon.

In summary I think Nog is one of the more suspicious people toDay.

Last edited by Nienna; 10-15-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: clarified that the whole post was about Nog
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote