Thread: LOTR tabletop
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #9
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja91
So they are easy to paint? I have heard that its fun, but it always looked time consuming.
Well davem made a few mistakes at first, but the good thing is that after just one or two figures you get the hang of it, and you can always go back to the older ones and re-paint them. No it doesn't take ages to do one, though davem finds that if he has a couple 'on the go', he can spend an hour painting a little on each and is then able to leave them to dry for a while - if there was only one to paint, you might only get to spend 10 minutes on it, and then a long time waiting for the last coat to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I nearly succumbed to the LOTR chess set in installments until I remembered just how many chess pieces there are and calculated how expensive it would be relative to my extremely limited ability and interest in chess. So Aragorn will stand on my desk alone....
It's always a good idea to avoid expensive 'partworks'! You'd end up spending £100s whereas you could buy a very nice LotR chess set for about £100 anyway!

It was the action figures that got me. Once I started buying them I'd say "Hmm, there's a cheap Theoden on e-bay, only a couple of pounds, why not..." and hey presto, some time later I have almost a hundred of them!