View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 05:26 AM   #277
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
My main defense against wolfdom is my early vote. A wolf can’t vote first if breaks their bandwagon power. But a vote for their own first, that scatters any plans they could have as per my last post.
You realise that a Wolf doing so would empower *their* bandwagon that way. And like I said, even if you were innocent, it is just plain irresponsible to vote before half of the village even showed up.

That being said, sally has been slipping under the radar a lot, which is a perfect behaviour for a Wolf. She did so while at the same getting votes during both Days, and nearly getting lynched yesterDay. If she is a Wolf, then one could expect her packmates to have had hand in it. If she is innocent, with her getting votes both Days, the Wolves would probably think she would be the perfect scapegoat for toDay with the likelihood that people would vote her. That is the one reason I am uneasy with this start and I would hold our horses at least until we've had the time to seriously consider everything.

I like Lommy's more sensible approach, even though she seems also confused to a degree. For that matter,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also, G55, I'm confused, can we ask direct question of the ghost like Morsul did? I thought not?
We can ask questions, we cannot give specific directions and I presume not any phantom-esque moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
To be clear, I still don't trust you, but I'm putting those problems aside for toDay, because, in my opinion, we have to make the best choice from Morsul, Pitch, or sally if we want to fight on another day.
Feeling is mutual, especially with you and Morsul steering most of toDay's conversation from the onset.

Otherwise, I took a very quick look at Loslote's posts, and like I said, her votes were for innocents, so the Wolves would hardly have any reason to think her a Seer based on that. The one thing that jumped at me was her desperate defense yesterDay. That is something the WWs might have absolutely seen as a Gifted feeling threatened and cracking under pressure - and it probably was just that, only it was not the Seer, but the Ranger:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
If there was a LottieWolf, maybe. I am not a wolf. You will get no information from lynching me, and the people who are spending the whole Day barking up this tree are giving the wolves perfect cover in which to operate. Please, just look at one (1) other person toDay. The village doesn’t benefit from wasting the whole day suspecting the same (innocent, believe it or not) person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Well, yes. Several people have said nothing all Day except that I seem suspicious. I am getting tired of that - look at other options! My vote stands out because it was the deciding one. Well, if Pitch had voted before me and Huin had turned out to be innocent, maybe my vote would have been the throwaway vote and his would have been the one that saved Greenie and you all would think Pitch and Greenie were packmates. That's just the position we were both in at the end of yesterDay, because people didn't vote, and I strongly suspect two innocents were the ones most likely to go home. I made a decision. I didn't especially suspect Greenie, but I chose to keep Huin, and now you and Morsul are all but refusing to look at anyone else because of it. It is frustrating, and I am a bit touchy at this point. I'm not a wolf, and I really, really wish you guys would spend more time looking for wolves than just reiterating that you suspect me. I get it, I do, but please don't just let the wolves skate by completely unnoticed because you can't stop talking about me!
I think that outburst alone could have been a good sign of Giftedness. (And it is possible, however less likely, that the WWs might have decided to just go for someone they thought "a" Gifted, even if it was not "the" Gifted. Especially in this small village.)

Saddly I gotta rush off now. And like I said I'm going to be away for large part of toDay, but will be back hopefully several hours before DL, so as to have time to post and vote based on hopefully some more clarifying discussion. Sucks that I have to leave just when the Ghost seems to be around, maybe I'll manage to make some quick post still now, but I'm not betting on that.

EDIT: x-ed after my last
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote