View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #3459
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Hi there.

And a good coincidence I happened to read this just as lmp had wrote things on Athanar.

Sadly I hadn't time enough to check all the other posts, but I'd like you lmp to make the following changes concerning lord Athanar... (just swap this into your post there in place of the original part, I suppose?)
Quote:
"Men and women of Scarburg! Today we welcome Eodwine back among us." Applause followed and died away after a moment. "Eodwine has been your capable leader, but fell sick. Many of you thought that he would not live – and so did our good king. But now he stands back with us, even if in kindling health." More applause. "King Eomer has charged Eodwine to return to Scarburg to return to his wife and to give me his full support in making the Scarburg Mead Hall the great hall it should be. I thank our king for this. As soon as he has regained his health, he will take back a central role in Scarburg Mead Hall. May his health return in full quickly and let the Scarburg Mead Hall flourish, like we showed it should in dealing with the local lords opposing king's justice and all fairness as rohanites... with lord Eodwine we're even stronger! Cheers for our good lord to have come back!”

There were loud cheers from all the corners of the hall. People were excited.

“Today we celebrate his return with a feast, held in his honor. Three cheers for Eodwine, Counselor to the Eorl of Scarburg!"

The three cheers were given, each one louder than the last. And so they sat down to feast.
Okay. I can live with the term "counselor" - as I don't just now come up with any better Athanar would have used in that place.

The changes are not big ones, but ones of Athanar being a bit more verbiose person and maybe making some specially pointed utterances; like giving something for the soldiers (old and new) to celebrate as to what they achieved together - and to remind the "earlier folk" about the king's role in this whole business...

Hoping to be with you more in as near a future as possible... and coming to the more general issues as well then.

PS. lmp: I think you can see the ambivalences and hints I have written in there in my new version of what lord Athanar says. I tried to keep them open enough to any interpretations... but also letting him make some points he would like to have made on that occasion (like using it to try and bring the "old & new" even more together by applauding their joint effort with the local lords etc.).