View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #349
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Edric was usually the one who was being more engaging in the conversations, but this Robby Appledore he took a quick liking to. He's a musician, but not really? He's really a farmer? Edric thought being a little confused by what Robby had told him. Still Edric was fascinated by this Robby Appledore, he seems to be my kind of guy: enthusiastic and full of life.

"You want to be a musician, you say? And are looking for some inspiration? I don't know how much I can help you then. For all my stories are nothing worth singing a song about." Edric laughed. "Though I have been well travelled I doubt I can tell you anything that would, as you say, be inspirational. In Rohan, King Fengel isn't a man you want to sing songs about, songs are for glorious and noble Kings, not ruthless men like Fengel. I mean even his own son had fled to Gondor to escape. Though I did hear that after King Fengel died, they asked Thengel to return and take his fathers place. I never met him, but from what I heard he was a good man, much better than his father. Though my time in Rohan is in the past and something I've been long over. And as far as Gondor goes, that turned out to be about just as bad as living under Fengel. Such a grim place, it's glory days are now a thing of the past. Perhaps there's some life left in it still, supposedly Dol Amroth and its people are lovely to see. Which afterall, should be no surprise as they have the fair blood of the Elves in them. But alas, I've never been there. I've never been much of a sea loving person. So, I soon left searching for a better place. Bree suited me better, or at least it was my kind of place, but there was just something missing. I don't know what it was, just felt empty, you ever get that kind of feeling? That feeling where you don't feel totally complete or whole? Ah, anyway sorry to bore you with my rather bleak and dull life. I bet you these Hobbits here have better tales to tell you then I would." Edric laughed again.

After finishing his meal, the tiredness of the long journey from Bree overcame Edric. "I better be heading off to my room if I want to be ready tomorrow. You see, I'm not much of a morning person." Edric let out a little chuckle. "It was a pleasure meeting you Robby, and do please call me Eddie. How do they say it, I'm sorry to eat and run like this, but I really must get my rest. Good night, and again nice meeting you."

"Don't worry, I think I'll be right behind you, sleep sounds like a good idea now." Robby said. "Good night."

They both got up from the table, and as Robby left for his room, Eddie let out a wide smile. In fact, the widest smile that has been on his face for a very long time. He left the common room thinking only what tomorrow would bring.