View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #283
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age

The side route is definitely interesting, but I'm having trouble visualizing it because that has never been my strong suit. Is the side tunnel a clear, open space, or is there a point where only a child and a hobbit or a dwarf could squeeze through (the latter with difficulty?) The ending of your post suggests the latter and something that will have to be dug out? Is that right? (Good job for a Dwarf or a Hobbit)
I really, didn't have my heart set on a major excavation, unless other's of the fellowship's writers think it necessary, or perhaps more credible. The easiest/quickest scenario would be for the hole begun by Vrór to simply need enlargement at its opening. Perhaps it leads to a sort of cavern, so that the fellowship’s members can all hide in there?

I don’t want to have the slavers appear too stupid, though. I don’t think they would lower the children into a pit they haven’t checked out, especially if they felt they might lose them to a maze of underground tunnels. I personally would opt for the tunnel to be seemingly impassable for a short distance very close to where the children are.

Of course, a dwarf (and maybe a hobbit) would know what's really impassible and what's not.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 07-30-2006 at 05:41 AM.