View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #612
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
For me, stories are about the integrity of the characters more than about the plot. I.e. the plot should fulfill who the characters are, in a sense, complete their destiny.

So-- Formy, a question. Is Bergil-- as a man-- merely passingly interested in Indil's future, and ready to turn her safety over to someone else-- or is he passionately devoted to Indil ? I don't mean passionately as Raefindan would be, but as a protector, a helper and rescuer?

To put it another way, would he really really like to kill Tharonwe for what Tharonwe has put Indil through?

I know, turn the other cheek. However (a) that revelation has not entered Middle-Earth quite yet and (b) as a christian I don't believe that's intended when there are completely innocent lives involved, i.e. protecting the innocent is a call on any honest man's life. Indil is utterly innocent. Tharonwe is not. How does Bergil feel about him?

And:

I'm having a hard time writing both sides of the Ravion/ Mellonin love story. I'm used to having someone else write Ravion. To me he is central to Mellonin's plot. Does he interest you?

Last edited by mark12_30; 01-20-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: pronounsss, preciousssss