View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #6
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hal had stood forward at the meeting, enheartened by Autumn's speech, so had Gaddy aswell.

The next day in the stable, while they were packing up Hal's horse, Fallor, they talked,
"Yer didn't have to come just because of me y'know Gaddy."
"Whatever gave you the idea I came along because of you?" replied Gaddy Jokingly
"Because I know yer Gaddy, yer wouldn't have stepped forward if I hadn't've"
"Yeah, well, life would be so dull around here without you, I had to come along."

They continued packing in silence until the last few things were being packed and both Gaddy and Hal were having trouble reaching the top of the horse,
"Please tell me, Why did you bring such a large horse?"
"Oh, you know me dad, he can't help but show off, had to send his best horse off with me, not my fault it happened to be a cart-horse, probably the only one which could make the journey anyway."
"Maybe, but did he really have to be so big?" said Gaddy in desparation, completely unable to reach the right part of the horse.
"Do you want a leg-up there?"
"Yes please, that would be great."
"Come round here then."
Gaddy went round to Hal at the side of Fallor, he stood on Hals clenched hands and Hal vaulted him up onto the top of the horse, Gaddy scrambled up and held on tight. He soon relaxed though, realising there was really nothing that would happen up there, Fallor, though the biggest horse he knew, he was also the gentlest horse he knew and he sat up there admiring the horse's smooth chesnut coat and strong muscles.

"Are you goin' to sit uo there all day or actually pack something?"
"Oh, right, throw something up then."
Hal threw up the last three things and found a bow, right at the bottom of the pile.
"What did yer bring this for, yer can't even use it."
"You never know, a spare bow might come in handy."
"Alright then." he said as he threw it up to Gaddy. Gaddy secured it fast and they both checked that everything was attached properly.

They decided everything was fine and they set off out of the stable, back to the Took family mansion, Hal leading Fallor and Gaddy looking quite comical among all the baggage on top of the horse. He was wrapped up tight in a cloak which his mother had made sure that he wore, so he looked like another blanket, like the ones rolled up around him, but with a small pink face sticking out at the top.

[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]