View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 04:17 AM   #24
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

As quietly as she could, Belin hopped down from atop the bookshelf, half-scolding herself. She must have fallen asleep up there. So much had changed since she'd spoken in this inn, so many people whose entrances she'd missed, most of them, it seemed, wanting breakfast.

She nodded politely at the newcomers and introduced herself. She noticed Champignonne's nervousness, and smiled to herself sympathetically. She must be unused to such a strange company, and such a large one. I know the feeling.

"Would you like to help make breakfast?" she asked. "It's just the way to make friends." A smile of relief crossed the hobbit's face at the prospect of escaping, if only for a few moments into a warm, pleasant kitchen. Nobody could feel timid while making breakfast! She nodded.

"Good!" cried Belin. As they made their way toward the kitchen, she looked around for any other volunteers. Some in this inn looked as if they'd been making their own breakfasts in far less amenable conditions for quite some time, and she fully expected them to find their way into the kitchen in time. "You, perhaps?" she hazarded at a green-cloaked elf who sat alone and seemingly bewildered.

On her way there, she stopped at the shoulder of the irritable hobbit woman. "Would you like anything, Mistress Donnamira?" she asked pleasantly.

"Don't try to sweet-talk me!" she cried. "I'm looking for my niece!"

Belin shrugged and ducked into the kitchen, half-glad to notice that Piosenniel was still busy with her letter. She had a certain dread that the keen-eyed elf would stare down at her with the full weight of her gaze and ask where she'd been all this time.

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum