View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #428
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This apparently innocent, curious traveler was almost getting too curious, even for Dick. His pipe was just about empty know and he drew a deep breath as he knocked it gently. “I don’t see why anybody should attack this inn. We don’t have any conspicuous occupants.” He stood up abruptly. “I have a waiting customer,” he said, seeing a newcomer enter the inn. He started away, but he had only gone two paces before he turned about again.

“As a matter of fact,” he said, “I wouldn’t normally go talking about it, for fear of spreading discomfort among the guests, but I think you could manage not to spread the tale. This morning, we were attacked.” Limaris’ eyes became sharper and his attention more direct. “Not by hobbits or men or anything. We had a group of wolves come in. They got into the stables and took refuge there. Some of us had to go out and fight them off.

“Excuse me,” he said. “I do have to go see to this new customer.” He hurried to the counter and came around it to face the man sitting there. “Good morning to you, sir,” Dick said, putting his hands together and resting them on the counter top. “What may I get for you?"