View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #306
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Really? The rule clarification just makes me want to move captains along more. An innocent captain still stands a chance of fouling things up (and if we're going to foul the lynch up, we may as well foul it up as a village, and not leave the decision up to one person), a gifted captain wouldn't be able to use their abilities, and a wolf captain with that kind of power would be truly devastating. No, thank you. Decide a tie, but more than that is too dangerous.
Well, could be, of course. But my opinion is, if we have a Captain, why not to let him use his power fully. You asked whether I have changed my opinion, I didn't - the rules have changed, or rather, were clarified, so that it means Captain's full powers don't actually come into being if he is not there for two consecutive Days. Of course I still deem a Wolf-Captain will be dangerous. But he will be dangerous whether we choose him for one or two Days. And if we really don't like the person we have voted for, we can vote him away already on the second Day (of course for now, I have no problem with keeping myself on second Day. If I didn't trust myself, I would probably suffer serious problems). Also, if the Captain utilises his vote-change power, wouldn't that say a lot about him? Even if he is a Wolf and does something totally ridiculous with his vote-save, wouldn't he have to justify his actions later to the village? So no, even the Wolves are far from having a totally free ride of misusing power, unless they are totally "who cares" people. (Like Rune might have been, perhaps?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
The people who voted to lynch Hakon are: Fea, Greenie, Inzil, and Mac. Mac and Inzil are known to be innocents, so that leaves Fea and Greenie

The people who voted Rune for captain are: Boro, Valier, Loslote, Rune (), and Inzil. Rune and Inzil are dead, so that leaves Boro, Valier, and Loslote.

People who tried to reason in favor of Rune, but did not vote him as captain: Legate (post 180, 191, 207, 222), Greenie (post 215), Mac (post 197, 220), Lommy (post 185, 236)
I am not sure what you mean by people "to reason in favour of Rune", but at least from my part, and I got the same feeling from the posts of all the others you name as well, it was just saying "I don't want Rune for Captain, but I am not comfortable with lynching him either". Mac himself said it quite plainly at one point, and he even thought Rune was definitely innocent, from what it seems to me. Not sure about the others, but to me, it was always just "I don't want Rune to be Captain for sure, but I don't want to lynch him either". That says it all and it's pretty simple, in my opinion. Speaking of that, and I can say it now that Rune is dead, also, personally, at one point I have been afraid that Rune might be a Berserk Hunter (or this Day-killing Hunter) and of course, given that he voted for me, I was worried that he might kill me if he is lynched - that is why I was hesitant in the end for doing anything about his Captainship (as that was something that might have prevented him from dying) or voting for him to be lynched. So you see, there were also personal reasons, where I did not feel comfortable with letting Rune die yet, at least until I get a better picture of him or his role.

To your question which you repeated several times, is it so hard to understand it? Somebody behaves weirdly, but not suspiciously. It does not seem, or make sense (that's what I thought about Rune, of course being mistaken, but that's another thing), or it does not necessarily mean (that's what I think about Boro) that he would be suspicious, or wolf-y. It's a completely different cathegory which has nothing to do with somebody being a Wolf or not.

As for other things. With Boro leaving for the Wilderness toDay, we are left with Valier and Loslote to look at on the list of Rune-Cap voters. With Hakon-lynch voters, I don't really suspect either of those left, at least in other things they didn't seem suspicious to me and also, like I already said to my BGs, I think it's quite easy to happen that innocents could pile up for bandwagon for lynch - probably easier than making Rune Captain. So I will now primarily focus on the Rune-Cap bandwagon, but I again ran out of time, so I need to save it for later.

I really have to leave now, will be back in several hours.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote