View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 10:56 AM   #25
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bullroarer pounded on the table with his two empty flagons. "Where is that dratted dwarf? I want my dinner now!"

Dwarin came scurrying up to the table. The Dwarf looked a bit flustered. He wasn't used to dealing with hobbits quite as loud and boisterous as Bullroarer. Plus this hobbit was as tall as he was. Very strange indeed!

Bullroarer clambered onto the top of the table and cried, "Hey, hey, I have an announcement to make, a matter of great importance. I see we have a number of newcomers in the Inn." Bullroarer waved a friendly hand towards Robin Brandybuck, Valeria, Hal, and Grady. He also smiled at Celebmornie whom he knew. "And I see some sturdy hobbits in the group."

"Just next week, we will have a band of brave hobbits trudging from the Shire all the way to Rivendell to secure needed foodstuffs and supplies. Although warm and comfortable in the Inn, there is blizzard and famine throughout the Shire. We must get through to Rivendell so the Elves can help us."

"We are looking for volunteers. Just see the discussion thread for "The Long Winter" in the Shire and sign up your character if you'd like to come along."

At this point, Dwarin came to the table bearing a plate of mushroom stew. He shook his head. "No, I need more than this. Bring enough so that I can share with my new friends as well."

Dwarin groaned, but re-emerged in a minute carrying several more platters of food. Bullroarer gestured to the newcomers, "Come on, join in, there's plenty for all."