View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #11
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Breaking news.

Palantir network giant Menel Media Group acquires Tar-Eldar Network Television, now rebranded as MenelSport

Taniquetil - Vanyarin oligarch 'Rupert' Mardacil announced earlier today the successful acquisition of the sports channel Tar-Eldar Network Television for his palantir network Menel Media Group.

'People keep saying that I'm no fun,' said Mardacil in his press conference. '"Why are your channels full of news about war and politics, Rupert? Why can't you find something more lighthearted?" Well, I've got a slice of football now, people. I hope that's fun enough for you.'

Tar-Eldar Network Television (henceforth known as MenelSport) holds exclusive rights to the live showing of the Elvish Premier League, Ainu Liga, the Úvanima Serie A, and the Deathless Champions League, as well as part of the TV rights to the Arda Cup.

Included in the acquisition is the website ArdaCup.com, which has now changed ownership twice in three years.

Mardacil, who is said by multiple reliable sources to be 'richer than Eru', refuses to disclose how much he has paid to acquire the sports channel.

'I don't want to scare any of you. Especially the mathematicians and the economists,' he said with a wink.

Former TENT employees view the acquisition in a generally positive light.

'That means I'm free, right? No more debt?' said sports blogger Felagundion before he was tased and dragged off by a security person.

'Well, the sudden change of address allowed me to escape death threats from Angband,' said Adam Smith, who denies being a Scottish economist.

'Normal services resume tomorrow,' said Elenrod, the host of footballing talk show The Matchday. 'See you then.'

(Agence Felagundion Presse)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote