View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:45 PM   #1591
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
But it was being manipulated to give those who don't know all the roles information. Isn't that a reason?
Well, seeing as those on the receiving end have zero access to any of the edited information in question, it could be argued that its a moot point.

Unless you are arguing that the editing of the post-count itself qualifies, but obviously when those rules were written none of us dreamed that the post count itself qualified as a means of communication.

Hmmm... Either way this is a brand new case. There's never been anything like this...

I can totally see what you're saying. Those that have access to the text are gaining nothing therefore editing rules don't apply, EXCEPT for the fact that the editing is meant only to change the reply number which everyone has access to, which may lead to an exchange of information via editing. Yes, in that case the rule applies. That's where you are coming from- I get it.

But at the same time, unique situation due to a unique game- spamming is obviously out of bounds and yet within Fea's Republic game it was encouraged (the Filibuster) as a creative gameplay technique. Similarly in this game, modeled after Mac and Rikae's game, the Mod is interested in seeing if the Dead can find unique ways to communicate with the Living (i.e. voting methods, same-player spamming, Europe players going quiet to signal hurry up, etc.) thus the editing may fall under the umbrella of game-specific technique. But perhaps the umbrella has been stretched too far...

Ah, but that's getting too technical and I'm content with your ruling- it has legs under it as the Reply count could signal information. That was the intent, certainly. We should just try for the next 88 per usual posting rules.