View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 05:31 PM   #34
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dűm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"It surprises me that everybody here has taken this seriously.<BR>I mean, this isn't a NewLine endorsed website, it has nothing to do with LotR,"<P>Ain't It Cool News is a movie news site, and has tracked LotR since it was announced - Harry and others have even been invited for a few days on set during filming to report some of what they saw.<P>"and there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that this is a genuine document. In fact, I would say this was most certainly not real. Would Harry Whatchamacallim really use that kind of language? He may do in private conversations, but he wouldn't in something as public as this."<P>Actually...he ALWAYS uses that strength of alnguage on the site. <P>"Also, this is him showing a private email of Peter Jackson's o the entire world, when new line have been so secretive all this time. The even made tORn remove a picture of the hobbits in armour in what is presumably the Shire, with just grass as a backdrop. They wouldn't give out such an important, revealing letter. Hey, we even had a member who said he was PJ when the downs first started out, it's not that difficult to do a well-written fake. I think that PJ would never cut the Saruman scene out (he went as far as to change it from throat-slitting to machine-impalement, he wouldn't put the final straw on Bill the Pony's back. (hehe)<BR>That's what I think, anyway."<P>Well, Chris Lee conveyed via his web site a few days before this Saruman thing was revelealed that someone was trying to leak a major point about his character's plot in RotK. Then they did...and now Chris Lee has conveyed via his official site that all mention of him in the credits (hmm...I worte cretins there...subconcious triumphs) has been eliminated.<P>So this is pretty conclusive. :'( "Trust PJ"...like a snake...you can neither leave it behind with the source texts, or take it with you in case it ties you to the cutting room floor. I guess Grima WAS an allogory...albeit a foresighted one...

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote